Team formation and registration
- All teams must be submitted with full registration fees of $120 (for base 6-8 players) + $20/person beyond 8 members by Friday, July 14th at 11:59pm if your team would like its own T-shirts. The full set of rules are posted on this website and will be sent out to each team member. Registration fees go purely toward orphan sponsorship as this year our T-shirts have been generously sponsored.
- Final deadline to enter the tournament is Friday July 28th at 11:59 pm (If you register after July 14st, you will not get a T-shirt for your team but you may still play in the tournament)
- PLEASE NOTE: This is a family friendly event so team names involving sexual innuendo or other inappropriate content will no longer be accepted. This is at the discretion of the organizers.
- Each team has to have a minimum of 6 players with at least 2 males and at least 2 females on each team. At least 1 female and at least 1 male have to be on the court playing at any given time.
- When registering you agree that your team will be present if needed to play a game at any point during the ENTIRE duration of the tournament which could run from about 12pm-8pm. If you need to arrive late or leave early, you’re automatically eliminated. Once eliminated via a match, you’re obviously able to leave without consequence.
- If players need to leave due to emergency circumstances and a team is left with only one male or female per team, then the tournament organizers reserve the right to put someone else on your team (regardless of skill level) onto your team. Again, any player that leaves the tournament should only leave in emergency situations and cannot return later to play for your team. Teams that do not follow these guidelines are disqualified.
- Each team member will get 1 Fungama 2015 T-shirt of their pre-selected team colour with their team name on the back and a team photo at the end of the tournament
- Teams, refs and scorekeepers to all arrive at 12:00pm for registration.
- DISQUALIFICATION CUTOFF TIME: 12:30pm after which teams are disqualified unless they have at least 4 players present and ready to play, of which at least 1 must be male and 1 must be female. The rules will be explained and tournament schedule will be posted at 12:30pm.
- TOURNAMENT START: 12:30pm sharp.
Having a hard time coming up with a team name? Here’s some inspiration!:
Fungama 2016, 2015’s, 2014’s, 2013’s, 2012’s and 2011’s teams (please don’t reuse names unless you’re coming back with the same team):
- Fungama 2016: 2 Legit 2 Hit, Beta Blockers, Dabb On ‘Em, Hit and Run, Lob City, May the Spike Be With You, No Diggity, Play In-Saiyan, Serves You Right, The Volley Lamas, Trend Setters, Utopia
- Fungama 2015: Trend Setters, Just Here for Hero Burgers, Beta Blockers, Shark Attack, Set It and Forget It, Serv-ivors, Counter Spike, Play In-Saiyan, Cybertronic Jungly Birds, Incredibles, Spiked Lee, The 6ix
- Fungama 2014: The VolleyBrawlers, That’s What She Set, Cybertronic Jungly Birds, I’d Hit That, Net Assets, Justice League, Milton Knights, Spike 2 Glory, Safe Set, Sets on the Beach, Kiss My Pass, Air Traffic Control
- Fungama 2013: Lungi Mein Twist, Hate Wave, Riskhaw Rydaz, Team Crackstarter, Cybertronic Jungly Birds, The Cowabungas
- Fungama 2012: Jungly Birds, Riders of Rohan, Go Go Pan Masala, Team #4, Set to Kill, Team 6, OSPers, To Kill A Blocking Nerd
- Fungama 2011: Inglorious Behn-Bhais, Scared Hitless, Spiked Rooh Afzah, Team Volleywood, Mirchi Balls, Kaala Jadoo, Curry Craze, Reema Kameena
- Nothing But Net
- All Sets Are Off
- Spiker House Rules
- Ba-Da-Bing Ba-Da-Bump
- Mission: Unblockable
- Random Volleyance
- Don’t Bump to Strangers
- One Hit Wonders
- Hitting Bricks
- Block Market
- SWAT Team
- Serves You Right
- Dig This
- Block Party
- Air Traffic Control
- You OK?
- Notorious D.I.G.